When wine is alive and free from overreaching modern influence, the wine will whisper in nature’s perfect logic and design.
We search the world for the finest natural, organic and biodynamic wines. The family farms and artisans that handcraft our wines are deeply committed to these farming and winemaking practices. You can taste it in every soulful wine we collect.
The authentic wines we procure are exceptionally interesting and compelling expressions of taste and pleasure. When a wine is alive and free from overreaching modern influence, the wine will whisper in nature’s perfect logic and design. The wine will express nature joyfully and perfectly.
Dry Farm Wines all share natural farming and traditional wine making practices, including:
- Natural, organic or bio-dynamic viticulture/farming
- Dry farming, no use of irrigation
- Old growth vines, generally 35-100 years
- Hand harvested fruit from low yields
- Minimal intervention in the vinification and aging
- Wild native yeast in fermentation
- No commercial yeast for flavor alteration
- No or minimal filtering/fining
- No or minimal use of new oak
- No or minimal addition of SO2 (sulfites)
- No chaptalization (adding sugar to the grape must in fermentation)
- No chemical additives for aroma, color, flavor or texture enhancement